Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Last week was not boring, to say the least.

The Good: We (the Fosters, my parents, my grandma, and my brother) spent a fun-filled weekend together in Eureka Springs to celebrate my parents' 50th birthdays. While most of our time was spent hanging out, we did manage to tour the Holy Land at The Great Passion Play. We did not see the play this time, but I would like to go back and see it soon--when it's not so hot! Jamison and I took Alexis, who is a huge animal fan, to Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. She was so cute going around and "meowing" at the huge cats. The mountain lions looked at her like she was a tasty snack and stalked her relentlessly. I've put together a small 5x7 brag book, that we normally offer with our lifestyle sessions, of the animals for Alexis. I'll let you know how she likes it.

The Bad: I was in Jasper visiting with a friend at the park. When we were leaving, I was driving behind a police vehicle. He stopped to drop off another man at his vehicle then proceeded to back over my car. Thankfully, the only one hurt was my car. You've got to love those old-time metal bumpers. That truck didn't have a scratch while they considered totaling my little, I owned it since it had 6 miles on it, car. The worst part of the whole experience has been the endless hours on the telephone with the repair shop, insurance company, and rental car company. Which leads me to. . .

The Ugly: Yep, my rental car. Need I say more.

No comments: